After this doctor appointment I had to have a follow up appointment (as mentioned in the earlier post) to test for gestational diabetes. They reassured me that this was a standard test that everyone had to do as a precaution. The test takes 2.5 hours...you arrive and they draw your blood, then you drink 12 ounces of a syrup substances and wait for an hour. Then they draw some more blood and then you wait for another hour...and then they draw some more blood. It's pretty fun really. ;) At least they have comfy recliners you can sit in and there was a nice lady to chat with who was doing the same test.
A few days later they called to let me know I was free and clear...no gestational diabetes for me! It was a long test, but I am happy to know all is good in baby land.
No comments:
Post a Comment