11.15.2009

Sleepover

On Friday night, we watched the kids for a few hours while Marc & Anna went down to Seattle to a meeting. We enjoyed watching Up, eating popcorn, making forts out of blankets and making up stories. In the end, we built two forts - the boy fort and the girl fort...and then they all ended up under the kitchen table with blankets over it to go to sleep. The best bed in the house.

Kids always bring out the young in you...

My favorite quote from the evening was when Brian was telling a story about Princess Audrey and how she was a frog; I thought Audrey was already sleeping, but when he mentioned that Princess Audrey did not have opposable thumbs and that she could not open doors we heard a little voice say very firmly, "Yes, I do! Yes, I do!" We all started laughing, to which she said, "Stop laughing - it is not funny!" I am pretty sure she has no idea what opposable thumbs are...but she does have them. :)

Here are some pictures from our night:

The kids while building the fort...


EZ getting ready to sleep in the "boy" fort.
The girls getting ready to sleep in the "girl" fort...


The fort!

No comments: