After Grandpa passed away we went through some photographs at my parent's house and came across many treasures - two photographs in particular. These pictures were sent to Grandma, from Grandpa, while he was in the military and away at war. They really spell out the love that Grandpa had for Grandma and his great sense of humor. I am so thankful that we have these pictures and notes, they leave a little bit of Grandpa with us.
I miss you & love you, Grandpa!


"Just me and my shadow. I was asking for some cheese.
That is our new patch. 7th Army."
(and the best part, he drew his new patch and showed what each color was since the photos were black and white)


"This is one of the few better moments of army life. A letter from Cobie. This is something a guy hopes for all day and every day. I'm very luck. Thanks."
1 comment:
this is so awesome Jenn. I love these photos.
Post a Comment