How Madison West got her name...
Madison is derived from Matthew (we appreciate the Biblical tie this provides to her name) and means "gift from God." We absolutely feel blessed to be given the opportunity to raise her and love her and know that she is a beautiful gift from God (even when she is screaming!).
The middle name for a girl was a bit more difficult for us to come up with, but once we found it we really loved the whole name together. West is the middle name of one of my dear friend's and I always loved the uniqueness of the name.
For us, there are several reasons behind the importance of West...a couple are:
West Beach -
A location within walking distance of the house I grew up in (where my parent's still live) that Brian & I spent a lot of time at as kids and later as adults. We had a lot of great conversations there and it is an important place in our relationship.
West as it is referenced in the Bible -
We want our daughter to know that God is a god of forgiveness and grace and the scripture in Psalms really speaks to that.
Psalm 103: 12 says, "As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us."
And, we like the way it sounds. Madison West. I think she might be famous some day. :)
3 comments:
Love this posting and picture of you and Madison, I didn't know about the connection to Matthew. I think she will be famous too! Madison West McGill is a great name!!!
I am in love with her middle name. Its perfect! Madison is perfect in every way. Can't wait to kiss her little cheeks again.
love her name and the heart behind it. really enjoying reading your blog and getting to "know" you...i love pregnancy and birth so it was fun to read your story. and thanks for following my blog too (grace from scratch) ~jen
Post a Comment