5.01.2009

May!

Ah, the month of May. One of the most exciting times of the year...it is the bridge between spring and summer...the days keep on getting longer, the sun shines more and we can almost taste the freedom of being able to spend the weekends outside. We can not wait to go boating, camping, hiking, biking...the list goes on. Summer 2009, here we come!!

Fun Facts about May are...

- The flowers of the month are Hawthorn and Lily of the Valley.

- The birthstone for May is Emerald.

- The Kentucky Derby takes place on the first Saturday in May at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky. Will it be Pioneer Of The Nile? Or maybe I Want Revenge? We will find out on May 2nd!

- On the 5th of May, Mexico celebrates "Cinco De Mayo," which is the anniversary of the Mexican victory over the French at Puebla in 1862. It is a national holiday in Mexico...and I don't mind celebrating it myself. Corona anyone?

- On Sunday, May 10th we get the privilege of celebrating our mother's...I can not thank my mom enough for all she has done for me over the years, and continues to do. I love you, Mom!

- Armed Forces Day is celebrated the third Saturday of May and is a day when we are able to honor the men and women of the military services (Army, Navy, Air Force). I am so thankful for everyone who serves our country in the military, they do us all an amazing service.

- This year the 23rd of May will be a special day for us...Brad & Nikki are going to celebrate their marriage and we are going to have a party!! We are really looking forward to getting to see some old friends and meet some new ones!

- The last Monday of the month is Memorial Day. This is another special day related to the military and is in honor of those who have died while serving the United States in war. What a sacrifice those people made for our country...I am thankful there is a day we can observe to remember them.

And don't forget...today is May Day! Buy some one flowers, put their flowers on the porch, ring their doorbell and RUN! :)

Happy May!

No comments: