7.21.2008

Winthrop & the Boat

Have I mentioned that I LOVE the sunshine? This weekend we definitely got a lot of it. Here is our weekend in review!

On Friday evening, Brian played in a work softball tournament - he has admitted he is addicted, that is the first step to recovery. :) It is so good for him to have some athletic outlets and for him to bond with his co-workers. They lost their first game :(, however they came back and won their second game 18 - 0, so I suppose they made up for it. I got to the field just in time to watch the last inning (I know, I get the Wife of the Year Award), and so I did not get to watch too many amazing moves. Afterwards we headed out and got Thai food and then watched an incredible Dave Matthew's Band DVD. He is truly a gifted artist.

On Saturday morning we got up and began our mini-road trip to the East side of the mountains. We took Highway 20 (also known as the Mountain Loop Highway) over to Ross Lake and then on to Winthrop. We stopped along the way, hiked around, took some pictures, and eventually made it to our final destination. I learned that I don't like really high grate like bridges or dams. They both give me the hebegebies. Winthrop, for those of you who have never been, is a really cute Western town with an amazing brewery (Old School House Brewery) and amazing ice cream (Sherri's!). Once we were there, we decided we really didn't feel like driving back home (3+ hours) and that we should stay the night...well, due to our poor planning skills (no tent and there was a jazz festival in town...) we failed and could not find a place to lay our heads. So, off we headed back to our home. We were both pretty tired and needing entertainment, so heeding the warning of the deer sign that we say on the way in (over 400 deer will killed on this stretch of highway last year - that's over one a day!) we began a new game called "deer slap," or is it "dear slap?" The jist of the game is that whoever sees a deer first gets to hit the other person. It's great for a marriage, I know. Sad to say, we ended the trip 2-1, Brian. But don't you think this game is over. :)

On Sunday morning, we went to the early service at church and then headed up to Big Lake for our monthly (or weekly!) boating trip. We spend 5 hours on the lake and got plenty of sunshine! The boys wake boarded (I still have not got the nerve up to try it...I must do it by the end of the year!) and I bathed in the sunshine. I love that. My skin shows it today though...and Brian looked like a lobster last night. But that's just the price you pay for some good sun time (we do try to use sunscreen!).

Now it's Monday and the week is starting over again. Lucky for us, it's still beautiful outside and we can enjoy that by going on walks, playing tennis, riding our bikes, having a BBQ...the list goes on and on.

Here are some pictures from the weekend - Brian is getting pretty good at some of the manual settings on our camera!









1 comment:

Nikki said...

Looks like you two had a great weekend. The pics of the waterfall are breathtaking. I especially love the one of you laying on the log, meeeeoooow. Can't wait to see you this weekend :)
xoxo Nikki