7.12.2008

Sharks & Whales

Last week Brad went to Kansas to hang out with his baby girl, Laney Anne. I love when he gets to go on these trips because I know how much he loves and misses her - and how much she dearly needs him around and loves and misses him. The day he got there, I called to chat with her and it made my day. She is such a funny kid; smart, random and hilarious. While we were talking on the phone, I told her when she comes to Washington we will take her to the ocean. She said, "Ok, but I am not going in the water!" I asked her why not and she said, "Because there are sharks in the water and they bite off people's legs and whales that swallow people!" Well, we wouldn't want that, now would we? :) I also plotted with her to get her daddy to buy her candy and ice cream. I love being an aunt and influencing the children in getting what they want. Payback may be rough some day. :)

While Brad was back there they went fishing, to the park, played with playdoh, watched television, camped in the backyard (which lasted for 45 minutes), went to the swimming pool, watched fireworks, saw a huge frog Laney was afraid of, and laughed a lot. He is a wonderful daddy and loves his daughter very much. Here are some photos from this trip to the Midwest.



These pictures were taken while Laney was talking to me on the phone. I love that I can see what her face looks like when she's actually talking to me.
Makes me cry, a happy cry.





This is Laney's dog - she named her Tiny Tesch. So cute.






No comments: