We had a wonderful weekend in Oak Harbor. I had not been home to Oak Harbor in over a month (which is a REALLY long time for me) and could not wait to see everything and everyone I missed. Here is our weekend in review:
Friday:
Brian and I arrived in to town around 6:00PM on Friday evening and were warmly welcomed by Marc, Anna and their kids. They had started a fire in the fire pit in my parent's backyard and we joined them to roast some hot dogs and smores. Brad and Nikki arrived a little while later and we enjoyed a fun evening just hanging out and catching up. At the same time, my parents were next door at my grandparents house, with my aunt and uncle, so I got to swing by there and see everyone for a few minutes as well. We are so blessed to have everyone live so close together, and that my parents have such a great house that we can all hang out, do a variety of activities and keep the children entertained as well.
Anna getting ready to enjoy a yummy marshmallow.
Brad & Nikki at the fire pit.
Audrey's still not too sure about this family she was born in to. :)
Ezra relaxing at the fire. He loves being outside!
Grace showing off her moves for the camera...she's still trying to get that paper plate to work.
After it got dark, Marc decided to break out the moped and do some riding in the dark...
Needless to say, the headlight is out and there is lots of loose gravel and pot holes they did not expect.
By the end of the night, there had only been one crash and an enormous amount of giggling and screaming. I haven't heard Marc or Brian laugh that hard in a long time.
Saturday:
We started the day like we do most mornings we are in Oak Harbor, and sat and chatted with my parents over cups of coffee (or in my case, water). We were lazy until about 1:30PM when Brian and I decided to ride our bikes down to the beach. We rode on the new trail they built at Joseph Whidbey State Park and then made our way down to the actual beach. Once we were down there we realized it was perfect for "sand writing" and that we really needed a camera. So, we both rode back up to the house, got Brian's camera and rode back down. We got back to the beach, went to take a picture and the camera was dead. I was pretty bummed, so Brian offered to go back to the house and get my camera. He went back, while I wrote in the sand, and then arrived a few minutes later with another camera. I proceeded to take two pictures and the battery died. At least I got two. :) Here is one for your viewing pleasure.
After the beach, we went home to spend some more time with the family. We had enchiladas for dinner and enjoyed an evening of playing with the kids and just spending quality time together.
Sunday:
We headed to church in the morning and enjoyed a fabulous sermon by Living Word's Worship Pastor, Chris LeMay. He is leaving Oak Harbor to move to Alrington to become an assistant pastor there and so it was an emotional service on leaving home and saying goodbye. Everything really hit home for me and I encourage you to, if you are interested, to download it from the Living Word website (www.elivingword.org) and listen to it. After that we went to the Pita Pit with Brad, Nikki, my mom and dad and watched my parents enjoy their first experience with the new location. Pita Pit has some excellent food!! We spent the rest of the afternoon visiting with my grandparents and lounging around the living room enjoying the sunshine streaming through the windows. Now I am sitting in my living room, back home in Snohomish, listening to Brian play the guitar that my mom lent him for a few months. He's decided to take it up and see what he can teach himself.
Thank you to Mom and Dad for a fabulous weekend and their hospitality - we LOVE coming home!!
No comments:
Post a Comment