5.27.2008

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend, Brian & I headed down South to visit our good friends JP and Sara Watson. We enjoyed an extremely restful weekend at their cute home and are completely rejuvenated! It was exactly the type of weekend Brian and I both needed!

On Friday night, we ate a very yummy dinner at Chili's and then went to a Westside Christian High School baseball playoff game. JP is a teacher at Westside, so we wanted to go and help them support their team! It was a very exciting game, and in the end, they WON! Here is a picture of the four of us at the game!


On Saturday morning, JP and Sara hooked us up with some entrance passes to the Nike Employee Store and we all went crazy with the good buys and great products! Brian and I bought more than we should of, but I am sure we needed every last bit of it. :) I got new running shoes, really comfy lounging pants, and much more.


After the Nike Employee Store, Sara and I went and got pedicures while the boys went grocery shopping. I can definitely get used to that. :) For dinner, they barbecued brats, teriyaki chicken and onions. We also enjoyed a yummy spinach salad and great fellowship. After dinner we watched the movie Juno. I thought it was super cute - maybe not always politically correct, but I liked it nonetheless.

On Sunday morning, we went to church and then went to a Mexican restaurant to fill Sara and my cravings. Below are some pictures of the two couples enjoying their meals.



We then continued to the mall to spend some more money, later went for a run, and then consumed some excellent Papa Murphy's pizza. Ahh, a perfect day.

On Monday, we slept in again (for the third straight day - heaven!) and woke up to Sara making us an excellent breakfast. She is truly a wonderful host!! She made us eggs (stir fried with vegetables!), hash browns, bacon and juice! What more could you want for a Memorial Day breakfast?! Here is a picture of Sara in her cute green kitchen. I love her style!


After that, Brian and I pack up the car and begin our journey home. We made it home in record time - we here home, with the car unloaded by 3:00pm! We had a fantastic weekend with the Watson's and truly enjoy their friendship. Thank you for your hospitality and all the fun! Below is a picture of Brian and I are on our trip home...road trips are the best. :)

No comments: